Making Home Affordable Program
You could qualify for a Making Home Affordable loan modification if:
- You own and occupy your home as your primary residence.
- You are either current, at risk of imminent default, or behind in your mortgage payments, or are in foreclosure or bankruptcy.
- The unpaid principal balance of the first mortgage on your primary residence is $729,750 or less (loan limits are higher on owner-occupied multi-unit properties).
- You have verifiable source(s) of income to put towards a mortgage payment each month, even if that income has recently been reduced.
- You can provide copies of your most recent tax returns and will sign an affidavit of financial hardship.
- You have not previously modified your mortgage under the Making Home Affordable program.
- Note: Mortgages on second homes, vacant homes, and investment properties are not eligible for modification under this program. However, we may have other programs that apply to these types of properties.
You can learn more about the federal government’s Making Home Affordable programs at makinghomeaffordable.gov.
For More Information, Please Contact Us: